Things to Know About Your Aesthetic Provider
- Posted on: Oct 31 2014
At Lumier Medical we understand that our patients do not enter into the decision to seek cosmetic treatment lightly. In addition to placing your health in the hands of another person, you are also making a significant investment in your health or appearance by seeking treatment in our office.
Because of the great responsibility that comes with providing any health care treatment, including those that are cosmetic in nature, there are some questions you should ask to help prepare for your first meeting with your dermatologist, other physician, or any other aesthetic services provider.
- Where did you attend school?
- Was this a medical school? What was involved in your training?
- Are you a physician or does a physician supervise your work?
- How long have you been performing this procedure? How often do you perform this procedure? Will you be the person performing this procedure?
- Are there any procedures or treatments that I should try first or that you would recommend instead of this procedure?
- Are there any limitations to my receiving optimal results that I should be aware of? Is there anything that I can do to improve the likelihood of a successful outcome for my treatment?
- Will anesthesia be needed during my treatment?
- What should I expect during recovery?
- How long will my surgery take and what is your plan for complications?
- Will I experience pain from this treatment? What are the other possible side effects?
- How long will it take to see results from my procedure? How long will the results last? Will I require additional treatments?
By discussing these questions with your physician or other provider you can help create realistic expectations for the outcome of your procedure as well as determine if the procedure you seek is really the right solution for accomplishing your cosmetic goals, safely. Get in touch with us today for a personal consultation!
Posted in: Aesthetic Services